[cad-linux-dev] Re: spec changes

  • From: Chris Somerlot <csomerlot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:16:56 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:11:48 -0500, Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> # The following was supposedly scribed by
> # Chris Somerlot
> # on Friday 27 August 2004 08:01 am:
>
> >acad used to use .shp files for linetype definitions, which lets
> > users make any linetype they want out of ascii characters.
>
> That's great but they're a pain to write (and I seem to recall them
> being limited in accuracy.)  Maybe if we had a way to generate them
> from standard drawing elements?  Also, if we use this, would the .shp
> files be stored in the hub or inlined into the linetype entity?

I'd like to use the syntax in the yaml file. Here's an acad one I found:
;;;
; (C) Copyright 1997 by Autodesk, Inc.
;;;  ltypeshp.SHP - shapes for complex linetypes
;;;

*130,6,TRACK1
014,002,01C,001,01C,0

*131,3,ZIG
012,01E,0

*132,6,BOX
014,020,02C,028,014,0

*133,4,CIRC1
10,1,-040,0

*134,6,BAT
025,10,2,-044,02B,0

I would lie to use something like
name: box
definition: 014,020,02C,028,014,0

in my ltype yaml file. I also need to put the ltscale into the drawing entity.