[Bristol-Birds] Re: about shallow-diving gulls

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:10:08 EST

Wallace

Thanks for sharing your Rack with Ring-billed Gull photo. It is my favorite.
Perhaps, one day, a book cover or at least a jacket shot if you will allow.

We did make some neat Ring-bill Gull feeding observations during our many
hours of winter research. I still occasionally will throw up my hand at a flock
of gulls as if to fake tossing food in the air! It gets attention from the
birds but they don't leave a perch unless you've really got the goods.

I noticed a large flock (600 birds) of Ring-billed Gulls at Middlebrook Lake
last weekend, 18 FEB 2006, including a group drinking from a puddle of snow
melt on the road. They must have been enjoying the salt  spread on the road by
city work crews during our snow event.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN