[Bristol-Birds] Upcoming BBC Field Trips

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:24:24 -0400

Hello Birders,  Spring is arriving in full force and we haved some great
upcoming field trips to take advantage of the migration!

April 10: Winged Deer Park, Austin Springs and South Holston Lake.  This should
be a rich intro to the upcoming waves.

May 6 - 9:  "Biggest Week in American Birding."  This is a nationally
recognized bird bonanza!  The birding sites are located along Lake Erie, just
east of Toledo.  .  The migrating birds descend en masse before attempting to
cross the Lake.  Six of us are planning to go, and I still have three reserved
rooms for "new comers" at a great rate!  Contact me by May 1, if you plan to
go.  I will be cancelling any reserved rooms, not spoken for, on May 2 !

May 15:  Natural Tunnel Weekend!  Contact Bill Grigsby for the details.

May 22:  Breaks Interstate Park.  This is a beautiful location with forests,
rivers, river gorges and cliffs.  On our last visit, the birding was excellent.
 Save the date!  I will be posting more info as the date gets closer!

John Moyle                        Glen Alpine Road
   Kingsport/Sullivan County