[Bristol-Birds] Sullivan County waterfowl

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:28:58 -0500

Gil Derouen and I birded several waterfowl areas in Sullivan County this
morning--some of the results are listed below:

Paddle Creek
     Gadwall                    4
      Mallard                    6
      Wigeon                    1
      Ringnecked Duck      1
     Great Blue Heron       1
      E. Meadowlark         1

Weir Dam and Osceola Island
     Bufflehead                         66
     Great Blue Heron                 1
     Golden-crowned Kinglet        3
      Yellow-rumped Warbler        2

Musick's Campground
      Kestrel                              3
      Pied billed Grebe               5
      Ring-billed Gull                  3

Middlebrook Lake
     Canada Geese                   50
     Mallard                              30
     Gadwall                               2
     Coot                                   12
      Ring-billed Gull           ~   300
Gulls packed the entire top of the dam when we got to Middlebrook Lake.  I
scanned them, looking for species other than
Ring-billed, but I hadn't located any, when for some reason they all circled up
and took off.

Roy Knispel
Washington County, TN