[Bristol-Birds] Saturday, Feb. 6 Field Trip

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:11:35 -0500

Hello Bristol Birders!  Depending on the weather, we may or may not have a
field trip to South Holston Lake and the Weir Dam/Osceola Island!  Assuming
that the weather is OK, we will meet at 8:30 at the Food City parking lot (near
the gas station) on Rt. 394 (north side) just east of Blountville.  We will car
pool there.    Though you may bring a lunch, we plan to stop at a local
restaurant to eat.  We will visit both the TN and VA portions of the lake and
then search the Weir Dam and Osceola Isand area for additional birds.  If the
weather is in question, I will post a definite decision by 8 p.m. on Friday,
Feb. 5.  John Hay will be the official leader of the trip, and if you plan to
come, please give him a call at 389-2327 or, if he is not in, John Moyle at
349-6440.  This area is always productive for winter birds, and I am optimistic
about our day's list!

John Moyle                           Glen Alpine Road
        Kingsport/Sullivan County