[Bristol-Birds] Red-winged Blackbirds

  • From: Anita Huffman <housewren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 01:12:03 -0500

March 5- the first Red-winged Blackbirds showed up at the feeder today. There were four of them. A short time later I saw an estimated 300 in the pasture. Soon a large number of them descended on the feeders and cleaned up all the black oil sunflower seed for me! There were at least three Grackles among them.

Anita Huffman
Rugby, VA
Grayson County
--
The perfect perennial at affordable prices!
www.laurelhillnursery.com

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. --------------------------------------------------

      Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
        jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx