[Bristol-Birds] Prothonotary Warblers - John Sevier Lake

  • From: "Susan Hubley" <shubley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:26:30 -0400

4/23/08
Spent over an hour on the dock late this afternoon watching a male Prothonotary
Warbler gathering and carrying mosses into a nesting box on the bank. He sorted
through a lot of materials along the bank in his search for mosses -
interesting! There's about 3 cm of material in the box already. Found a second
male in the cove next to our house with a mouthful of nesting material as well.
Before I came in, a female appeared and perched near the moss-laden box. Keep
your fingers crossed!

Other birds of note:
Solitary Sandpiper - 1
Bald Eagle - adult