[Bristol-Birds] Northern Waterthrush, Elizabethton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:43:41 -0400 (EDT)

During my after-work walk this evening (May 9), I found a Northern Waterthrush
about 5:15 p.m. in willows at the edge of the Doe River at Cat Island Park in
Elizabethton. When I got back to my car, I called Brookie and Jean Potter and
let them know about the bird and its location.

Just got a phone call back from them about an hour later reporting their
success re-finding the bird.

They also found a Yellow Warbler. Thinking back, I believe I actually heard the
Yellow Warbler singing. I should have spent some time scanning for it, but my
usual rule on my walks is to only identify the birds that don't make me break
my stride.

Other birds I managed to ID on my walk included Northern Rough-winged Swallow,
Barn Swallow, Brown-headed Cowbird, Rock Pigeon, American Robin, Northern
Mockingbird, Song Sparrow, Common Grackle, European Starling, Canada Geese and
Mallard.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN