[Bristol-Birds] New Yardbird and Natural Tunnel State Park Birding Weekend Info

  • From: Bill Grigsby <wgrigs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds List <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:35:56 -0400

Came home from work and realized that there was an unusual bird singing in the dogwood tree by the patio. A White-eyed Vireo was singing "Quick, three beers, check" from about 15 feet up in the tree which gave an opportunity for a good look. First time for my yard.

I have gotten word from Megan Krager at Natural Tunnel State Park that we do have the Clinch lodge for the birding weekend, May 10-11th. The bird walks are scheduled for 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday to leave from the Cove Ridge Center front porch. We will also be doing an informal "Introduction to Birdwatching" presentation on the back deck of the Cove Ridge Center after the morning walk on Saturday at 10:30 AM.

Let me know if you plan to participate in the birding weekend at NTSP and if you want lodging with the BBC in the Clinch Lodge. Food will be as last year which was bring your own. We had picnic lunches on the porch of the lodge building and grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. I plan to bring a dutch oven and make a cobbler for dessert. We will have a kitchen in the lodge and a gravel area with a grill has been added to the end of the lodge building.

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN