[Bristol-Birds] House finch disease survey

  • From: Lisa Tyler <lisatyler1961@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:26:07 -0400

As part of Cornell's house finch disease survey, I've been reporting on the
health of house finches & gold finches at my feeders for the last 9 months.
Today, I observed my first diseased bird - a male house finch with a totally
encrusted right eye, presumably from Myoplasmal Conjunctivitis.  A friend
living near the Milligan College area of Elizabethton noticed diseased birds at
her feeders last fall.

If anyone is interested in participating in the survey, or for more
information, go to:

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/hofi/hofivspufi.htm

Lisa Tyler
Elizabethton, TN