[Bristol-Birds] Good Backyard Birding

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 21:02:04 EDT

I had 10 new spring arrival this weekend at home in Hampton, TN.

On Saturday, April 19, I heard and then saw a male Hooded Warbler directly
behind the house. Later, I heard a singing Common Yellowthroat (which I
successfully observed the following day).

On Sunday, April 20, the new species for 2008 to put in an appearance were:
Northern Parula
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Wood Thrush
House Wren
Ovenbird
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Hairy Woodpecker
and Broad-winged Hawk

In addition, I still have some White-throated Sparrows at the feeders.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.