[Bristol-Birds] Dickcissels, Loggerhead Shrike, Bobolink in Western Washington Cty.

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 22:36:26 -0400

Glen Eller and I led one of the TOS/VSO Joint Meeting field trips today to
Western Washington County. We had a group of 17 excellent birders, and together
we found our target birds for the trip and some bonuses:

Thompson Lane
Green Heron
GRASSHOPPER SPARROW
Blue Grosbeak

Charlie Carson Road
BOBOLINK

Conklin Rd, and Bush Hog Pond
WARBLING VIREOS

Corby Bridge Rd./Berryhill Rd
DICKCISSELS

John Carson Rd.
Yellow-billed Cuckoo

Yankee Camp Rd.
Baltimore Oriole

D. Ward Rd.
N. Bobwhite
Loggerhead Shrike

Chapel Hill Rd.
Yellow-breasted Chat
Red-headed Woodpeckers   (also one along Washington College Rd.)

In addition, we had Killdeer, Spotted Sandpipers, and Least Sandpipers at
Westview Ponds and at Bush Hog Pond.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City