[Bristol-Birds] BBC Austin Springs Field Trip still on

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BRISTOL BIRDS <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:39:29 -0400

The field trip scheduled for today is still on. There were some weather
concerns but the outlook is encouraging. It could be an excellent birding day.

Meet at 8:00 a.m.at Winged Deer Park Frisbee Golf Course entrance off Carroll
Creek Road.  We will bird the park briefly and then carpool to Austin Springs.
From there we will go on to South Holston Lake/Musick's Campground and the Weir
Dam.We will stop for lunch in the vicinity.  Birds from a similar trip last
year include:  Blue-winged Teal, Pied-billed Grebe, Green Heron, Red-breasted
Merganser, American Coot, Ring-necked Duck, Great Egret, Osprey, Common Loon,
Lesser Scaup, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Spotted Sandpiper, Double-crested
Cormorant, Bonaparte's Gull, Pectoral Sandpiper, Wilson's Plover, Ring-billed
Gull, Bald Eagle, Caspian Tern, Common Snipe, Forster's Tern, Solitary
Sandpiper, Ruddy Duck, REd-throated Loon.  Leader:  Larry McDaniel

Larry