[brandon's list] Re: [Audyssey] learning to play rock band as a blind gamer.

  • From: "Yohandy" <yohandy85@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:09:38 -0400

Clement,
Lol. I know what you mean. Thing is playing the real thing is way different than playing it in rock band. I actually consider rock band to require more muscle memory than the real thing as a matter of fact. with a real guitar, keyboard, etc, you can improvise, and you can figure out the songs by ear and go with your instinct most times. in rock band there's no obvious way for you to know ok this is green red etc. you have to apply a bit of logic to things. as I said before, think of it from a charter's point of view. if you were charting a song, how would you go about doing so? think of the buttons you're pressing and ask yourself, is this button placement logical? can you move around the fretboard with no awkwardness? as for the logic part. let's say you play an E chord assigned to buttons green and yellow . if the next chord is higher than the first, would you press Green and red? obviously you wouldn't since red is lower on the fretboard. however, would you press red and blue? blue and orange? or what if it was red, blue and orange all at once? that all depends on subsequent chords or notes played after the second chord. for 3 buttons inputs, usually it depends on how full the chord is. if the guitarist intended the chord to be played in an arpeggiated method, it usually is a good indication that you have a 3 button chord there. then of course there are the rules. you can never have 4 or 5 buttons chords. to my knowledge, you cannot have green, yellow and orange chords. you cannot have green and orange chords either. at least I don't recall finding any. if you want more info on this you can check the Rock Band network documentation. it's a fun read and you'll quickly find out how strict Harmonix is with their charting. Hope this taught you guys something !

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clement Chou" <chou.clement@xxxxxxxxx>