[BNU] Re: important please read. Which screan reader is the best with the apex?

  • From: Terri Pannett <pann1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 07:29:40 -0800

My recommendation would be WindowEyes. It works well with the Apex and it's easy to learn. WindowEyes is less expensive than Jaws and it's a very stable screenreader. GW Micro is committed to improving it and I don't think NVDA is as motivated for the reason Rob said.

Terri Amateur radio call sign KF6CA

On 11/22/2013 1:20 PM, Robert Gilchrist wrote:
Rajmund:

JAWS is a more stable ScreenReader. It has had support for the BN both
in the QT and the BT models for much longer than NVDA.

There is nothing wrong with either ScreenReader, but NVDA takes longer
to catch up, because it's programmers are volunteers.

Rob

On 11/22/13, rajmund <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

Today I got NVDA on to my school laptop because I asked that my
apex should be connected to the laptop as a display.  Because my
old one couldn't do it I asked them to change it.  So I got NVDA.
I was in braille terminal as normal.  Because I couldn't control
the laptop from my apex I was pressing buttons on it.  The man
was still doing settings.  He realised that the laptop does
things it shouldn't.  He took his hands off when he realised that
it was still doing things.  We found out that it was me with the
2 edge thumb keys.  So I pressed everything with everything.
Nothing worked.  Somehow I got back to the main menu.  I went
back to terminal and I was able to control the laptop.  So in all
in all I have a bt keyboard with a braille display instead of the
laptop but still doing the same things as a laptop.  I found that
to go down a list press space with t, to go back up press
1-2-5-6.  To go down in a little list press space with dot 4, to
and the man didn't.  I suggest to change Jaws if you can.  Not
just because of that but also because Jaws can crash.
Please Comant on this.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view