[BNU] Re: e: active sync

  • From: "Sharon S" <koala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Braille Note" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:07:07 +1100

Hi, as john said keysync is to sync your braillenote's calendar and contacts
with Microsoft outlook, if you want to do this you also need active sync. If
you just want to use the connection to go on the Internet through your
computer's connection then you only need active sync. From what I can
remember active sync is only for the older computers as soon as you go over
to windows vista or higher then it is the program Windows Mobile that you
need to do the same things as you would with active sync. You can also  use
active sync to transfer files from your BN to computer and back again.

If you want to use the BN as a Braille display then it is something
different and it depends on what screen reader you are using as to how you
set that up.

You can sync your calendar and contacts to as many braillenotes as you like.
I used to sync both my MPower and PK to the same computer so that way they
all had the same information on them.

Hope this helps.
From Shaz.
BN QT Apex and PK user.

From: John Patrick Houck <victimsofchange@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:58:35 -0600
Subject: [BNU] e: active sync

Hello Jessica,
You can download Active Sync at:
support.humanware.com/en-usa/support/braillenote_apex/software/sy
nchronization_tools
I don't know if you can run two devices at the same time.
Also, I don't know if the clasic will work with this version of
Active Sync.
When I connected my MPower with xp, I had to go with an earlier
version of Active Sync.
Good luck.
Sincerely,
John