[BNU] Re: e: Re: Skweezer And The Apex

  • From: Alana <aaj29@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cricketbidleman@xxxxxxxxx" <cricketbidleman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 12:36:21 +1100

One problem with that idea is that purchase of the account would have to be
coordinated, I assume. While I agree we shouldn't ask for consideration just
because we are blind in general, sometimes people need to take in to account
what we need to have access to information before making such a policy. I don't
mean to offend anyone here. If we want to show we are independent sometimes
policies have to be neutral so everybody can have access to the information.
Some people might not be able to afford these extra costs, not just blind
people. Having said that, if there is any reason to have any consideration, it
would simply be to make everything equal so that we can have access to the same
information as sighted people. i think there needs to be a balance here.
Overall, we shouldn't ask for special consideration, but if sighted people want
us to be self-sufficient we need to have the means to access that information.
For some users on this list, the BN might be the only thing they have for
browsing the web, if they do not have a smart  phone. This is where
consideration needs to come in when designing such policies. Of course
Skweezer would not know about this, this is why they need to be informed.

Sent from my iPhone

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view