[BNU] creating your own personal Bible files

  • From: Terri Pannett <pann1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:16:40 -0800

Hi, List,

I have created my own personal Bible files because the brf versions available don't put each book in its own file. I used a software program and my PC to create the files. I copied the .txt files to my notetaker. The files read just great!

I realize some of you don't have PCs and can't create your Bible files that way, but there is another way to do it.

1.  Download a .brf Bible from BARD or Bookshare.

2. Open each .brf volume using KeyWord.

3. Use the KeyWord commands to create the individual books by selecting the text, copying it to the clipboard and pasting it into a new document.

4. You can name the new document after the book name. For example, if you select and copy all of the book of Genesis to the clipboard, create a new document and name it 01 Genesis. I suggest putting a two-digit book number as part of the book's name so the files you create will be in Biblical order.

If the original .brf volumes are protected, which I doubt for BARD books, (I don't know about Bookshare,) then you must remove the protection before opening them.

If you want to be able to read them on any device, export the new files you have created as ASCII text or .brf or any file type the BN supports.

I know creating your own files will be tedious, but you will be able to separate the Bible into individual books for your own personal use while leaving the original unchanged.

You can use KeyWord to edit your personal files so they will read the way you want them to. For example, you could put each verse in its own paragraph. That way, you could scroll up and down the verses using the thumb keys set to move by paragraph.

Well, what do you think?  I hope my idea has helped you.

--
Terri Amateur radio call sign KF6CA

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view