[BNU] VoiceNote MPower QT For Sale

  • From: "Mauricio Molina" <mauriciohmolina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Braille Note'" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:52:32 -0800

Hello Group,

I am resending this message regarding the sale of a gently used VoiceNote
MPower. I have reduced the price for all listed below to $250. I certainly
do not wish to clutter the list if there is no interest so this will be the
last time I post this item. For those considering an Apex, another incentive
for purchasing this unit  is that HumanWare is still offering the trade in
program for those looking to move up to an Apex, at least according to the
following webpage:

http://support.humanware.com/en-usa/support/braillenote/software/keysoft_81_
upgrade/trade_in_program

Details from original message sent October 29, 2013:

MPower VoiceNote QT

Sendero GPS 3.3

KeySoft Version 8.0, Bill 21

A friend of mine purchased a VoiceNote MPower only to find he was unable to
use the device for 2 reasons: (1) he did not have the aptitude to learn the
device, and, (2) because of his diabetic neuropathy, he was unable to use
the smaller size keys of the VoiceNote QT. Because of his frustrations with
the device, he gave it to me in exchange for JAWS training and the
occasional tech support with his computer. This MPower QT is only slightly
used and appears to be in good running order despite being packed away for
the last 4 to 5 years. Although I thought I would use it, I did not (I am an
Apex BT 32 user). At the time my friend purchased the Voicenote MPower QT,
he also purchased the Sendero GPS application, version 3.3. The GPS receiver
is the Blue Logger. Unfortunately, the only maps on the compact flash card
are for California (the CD's containing the other states were discarded).
There is also a SanDisk Connect Plus Low Power Wi-Fi Compact Flash Card
(802.11b) with 128 MB memory. There is no SMA, though I have learned that
the only other upgrade to the MPower is for 8.1. The packaging (box the
MPower was delivered in) has also been discarded and, other than the
charger, the only cable provided is that for connecting the MPower QT to a
video display. Of course, there is also the charger for the Blue Logger. As
always when posting items for sale on this list, all inquiries should be
made off list. Interested parties can contact me at the below email address:

mauriciohmolina@xxxxxxxxx

Once again, I want to thank the moderators for allowing this post on this
list.

Mauricio