[BNU] OT: Grade 3 (was Grade 3 Braille and NFB Newsline Question)

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marissa <pianogirlforlife7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:26:35 -0500

Grade 3 is sort of like Grade 2 plus. It uses the same principles of
contractions, but there are a great deal more of them. It removes some letters
to keep words shorter; for instance, you leave out vowels where the word is
still clear without them and where a contraction would not be shorter. It also
replaces numbers with symbols. A number sign followed by dot 1 is a 1, as in
grade 2, but a number sign followed by k is 11, by t is 20, by 2-4-6 is 39, and
so forth. Here's a link to a complete Grade 3 guide:
http://reocities.com/area51/stargate/6188/grade3.htm