[BNU] Re: My Thoughts on Recent List Activities

  • From: Joshua Klander <joshklander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx, mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx, joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 18:48:14 -0500

Hello.  I will post my thoughts here:
1. Preventing this kind of activity- I'm sure the moderators work very hard to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen, but you have to realize that there is no guarantee of this kind of activity ever being completely stopped. As our list troublemaker has said in his emails, he will continue to make new email accounts, and use them to join the list. I'm sure that when this happens, the moderators will ban the account as soon as they can. All I'm saying here is that you can't expect them to be able to block every bit of spam that comes to the list. Even if Google takes legal action against the spammer, it is always posible for another one to come along. Unfortunately, that's the way the web works. 2. Unsubscribing- I'm glad some people who have considered unsubscribing have decided not to. Personally, I think that making this decision is overreacting. If someone is going to unsubscribe from a mailing list just because one person made trouble, then they might as well unsubscribe from every list they are on. Because it is almost a guarantee that something like this will eventually happen on every mailing list that you may be on. Again, while preventing spam is certainly possible, stopping it entirely is not. 3. Crash codes- The good news is that the crash codes may be fixed in the next version of KeySoft. If I recall correctly, Rajmund sent a message to this list awhile ago saying that he could not crash hw's apex running KeySoft 9.4, with the wednesday crash code. If this is truely the case, then part of the problem should be fixed soon. 4. Large threads- I am not a moderator, but I'm beginning to think that there is no longer a need to be discussing these matters. A lot of the email I have read today have been repetitive and have contained no useful information. So, I think it is time for threads related to the spam to come to an end. Moderators, I apologize if it is not my place to make a remark like this. I'm sorry if this message upsets anyone. I'm not trying to be harsh, I am just being honest about what I think.
Josh