[BNU] Re: Introduction message:

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: teddiesgirl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:28:26 -0500

Welcome to hte list! Please note that, when you reply to messages, hitting
sender only will do what it sounds like and reply just to the sender, not the
entire list.

Logging in is simple enough: once the page loads, press space-4-6 to jump to
the next input field, type your email address, press space-4-6 again, type your
password, press space-4-6 until you find the login button and press enter or
hit a touch cursor key above the button. Note that I am assuming your apex has
a braille keyboard; if it has a qwerty keyboard, let us know and someone can
provide the equivalent keystrokes.

The chat client requires you to have a google or jabber account. Assuming you
do, just go to the main menu, hit c for chat, go to the options (last item in
the menu) and the items to fill out are in there. If you are using google, the
settings are spelled out right in the manual, otherwise the service you use
should be able to provide them.

Assuming your computer has bluetooth, you can indeed use the apex as a wireless
display. However, the procedures vary between screen readers, and I am not
overly familiar with either one, so I will not attempt to answer that. Others
on this list can provide you with much better instructions than I can.
On Feb 28, 2013, at 10:08 AM, "Wendy Phillips" <teddiesgirl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, My name is Wendy and I am from Calgary Alberta Canada.  I received my
> Braille Note Apex just a week ago and am slowly learning how to use it.  I am
> using Keysoft 9.22 and finding it very useful to work with.
> I do have a few questions that I am hoping someone may be able to help me
> with though.  I would like to know when using the braille note for web sites
> such as Facebook, how a person would sign in to their account and I am also
> wondering how I set up the chat client on the braille note. Any help I can
> receive will be greatly appreciated.
> One more question; I can get the apex to connect as a braille terminal
> through USB with windows 7 and jaws 14.  Can this also be done with
> Bluetooth, and if so how do you do it?  I have not been successful.
>
> Thanks all, and great to meet all of you
> Wendy

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx