[BNU] Re: Admin's letter (please read): current state of the list and possible resignation

  • From: Tom Lange <lange85@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:31:03 -0800

Hi,
In spite of what Joseph and Alex have done to try to control and manage this
list, the signal-to-noise ratio has gotten way, way  out of hand, and I concur
with what was said below.  Joseph, if you and Alex resign, it will be a sad day
indeed, as I'm sure that the list may deteriorate even further, which would
really be a shame if that was the case.  I probably wouldn't stick around
either. If someone really steps up to the plate and whips this list back into
shape, then it will once again be a good resource, in which case I'll hang
around for a bit longer. Otherwise, I'm outa here. I don't have time to deal
with all of the nonsense that goes on on this list these days. Perhaps as a
step in the right direction, this list should be heavily moderated, and the
guys who find that their useless junk won't get posted here may just get bored
or frustrated and just leave. Those of us who want a truly valuable list will
find our frustrations abating, perhaps, and we can get down to the business of
productive discussions once again.

Tom