[brailleblaster] Re: mercurial

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 08:52:02 -0000

I am using the MSI packages on http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Download and these are working fine for me without any of the issues you describe.

By the way what you describe is very standard for packages to be installed into python distributions, even the python path is standard for normal python installations. What you want is the binary versions where one need not know that it uses python, for example the MSI package I mention above.

Michael Whapples

-----Original Message----- From: qubit
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:44 AM
To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [brailleblaster] mercurial

greetings all you braille blasters --
This is a rant about mercurial.
A while back I downloaded
mercurial-1.9.win32-py2.6.exe
and installed it on my old laptop.
It works fine but I am wondering if there is a version that will put the hg
command in a location in the command path.
Python 2.6 is also installed in a nonstandard place, and hg is a bat file
located in c:\python26\scripts
It is a pain to type the whole pathname, and while it only takes a little
tinkering to modify the path, I think this type of thing should be done in
the setup program.  I hate revisiting low level install operations when it
shouldn't be necessary.

Anyone else on windows doing this?
--le