[brailleblaster] Re: brailleblaster is working for a client of mine.

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:07:02 -0500

Several people have gotten BrailleBlaster going on the Mac, but nobody
has shared anything like an installer. Getting it going on a single
machine is fairly simple. You just ned to clone it from the repository,
get the needed Java library jars and place them in dist/lib, then build
liblouis and liblouisutdml with xcode and place the dylib's in
dist/native/lib , the bu9ild BrailleBlaster with Ant. One problem is
that this does not produce a binary which will work on other mac's. They
would have to have the /usr/local/lib directory set up as on the
original, or the dylib's would have to be modified.

John