[brailleblaster] Re: The Renaissance Framework

  • From: Alex Jurgensen <asquared21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 17:45:28 -0800

Hi,

It most certainly is. It uses Webkit, the engine behind Safari and Google
Chrome.

I'm not saying that I am threatening to hold things back. In fact, if we went
the Renaissance root for the GUI on the Mac, I was willing to write all of that
code myself.

However, I just wanted to make sure we make the best choice before getting too
far into development.

On the bright side, I have figured out most of what is needed to have BB
self-update on the Mac.

Regards,
Alex,