[brailleblaster] Java question: Extracting an integer from a String

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 05:50:02 -0500

In integrating UTDML with BrailleBlaster I have to deal with the index
attribute of the <brl tg. It contains a list of positions expressed as
decimal numbers separated by spaces. The split method of the String
class converts this into an array of String objects, each containing one
of these numbers. The next step is to convert this array into an array
of int. However, I can't find a method that takes a String and returns
the integer that it contains either in the String or Integer classes.
Where might it be?

Thanks,