[brailleblaster] Re: BrailleBlaster development continues.

  • From: "Keith Creasy" <kcreasy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:07:34 -0400

Hello all.

Please let me provide an update on what is being done with regard to APH's
work on BrailleBlaster.

Currently APH is doing all the development on BrailleBlaster. We had hoped
that other individuals or organizations would join in and participate but it
has not happened. APH is continuing development but has made a decision to
keep development internal and private until a decision is made to release it
back to the public.

The public repository at http://code.google.com/brailleblaster is still
there but will go away at some point. Another public repository at
http://bitbucket.org/brailleblaster is a copy of the last version on
code.google. The bitbucket site will be the place where future public
development of BrailleBlaster will take place.

Certainly further development of the BrailleBlaster code is continuing at
APH at a fairly rapid pace. The decision to keep it private at least for the
time being was a business decision made by the administration at APH. It
continues to be our goal to develop software tools and braille publications
that meet the high standard of excellence that has always been the hallmark
of the American Printing House for the Blind.

Kind regards,
Keith Creasy
Programmer
American Printing House for the Blind