[brailleblaster] Re: Advice requested on accessibility for the blind

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:45:34 -0500

Dick,

Accessibility with SWT is almost automatic. BrailleBlaster does not use
any particular accessibility features now, though it might use the
accessibility package in SWT later. In the Bfailloeblasterr menu,
BBMenu.java there is a listener for each item. The event is not sent
until the enter key is pressed on that item. There are SWT widgets for
handling lists. These will be used later, for example in handling the
list of recent documents.

If you have Mercurial you can get the source of BrailleBlaster from its
googlecode page. BBMenu.java is in org.brailleblaster.wordprocessor I
could also send you this class privately as an attachmennt, if you wish.

John