[brailleblaster] 64 Bit Brltty libraries

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:49:43 -0400

Hi all,

Please forgive me. I know this is slightly off topic for this list, but I'm
hoping that given the awesome makeup of the members herein, the OT nature of
the post will be forgiven, and we can point Andy and his team towards any
resources or individuals who may be of assistance?

I've copied both Andy and his student on this email.

Please see below

Thanks a ton!

Take care,

Sina

Twitter: @SinaBahram

Website:  <http://www.SinaBahram.com> http://www.SinaBahram.com

Blog:  <http://blog.SinaBahram.com> http://blog.SinaBahram.com

From: Andreas Stefik
Subject: 64 Bit Brltty libraries

Folks,

A student of mine has been working on integrating better braille support
into Sodbeans, but has been having a heck of a lot of difficulty.
Specifically, what she has been trying to do so far is to write simple
little console programs to send braille commands. She has that working, but
in order to integrate braille into Sodbeans, we need 32-bit and 64-bit
versions of brltty for each platform, but she has had a heck of a time
getting 64 bit versions working. Some questions:

1. Does anyone have, or would anyone from this community be willing, to
compile us a 64 bit version of this library, at least for windows, but
preferably for mac?

2. If not, would someone from this community be willing to skype with my
student and help walk her through building this on the various platforms?

3. If folks here don't know these libraries well, can someone put Nicole
(CC:d) in touch with the designers? She has repeatedly tried getting in
contact on mailing lists and by email, but has just had no luck.

I'm afraid I don't personally know these libraries very well. Any help the
community can provide would make it much easier for us to get this stuff
working,

Stefik