[bookshare-discuss] Re: unsubscribe

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Henry, If you're new to bookshare, I assume you do not
want to Unsubscribe. Did you also subscribe to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?

There are two lists, and there seems to be so much
overlap I think there should be only one. As far as I
can tell, the bookshare discussion list, which is the
one on which this post of yours appears, is for
discussing books -- what people are reading, have
read, would like to read, want to see on bookshare.
(Peter, please correct me publicly if I'm wrong).
bksvol-discuss is for discussing problems people might
be having with scanning, validating, hardware and
software for that -- but also, again, books people
want to see on bookshare, i.e., requests for books to
be scanned, etc. As with any group of people, we
become friends and sometimes discuss other matters,
e.g., a recent discussion about strangely pronounced
place names; the Florida hurricane; where people are
students, new jobs, etc.  Some people are on both
lists.

I don't know if this makes things clearer for you or
more confusing.  Anyway, welcome. I hope you stick
around and find us to be enjoyable and helpful.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail