[bookshare-discuss] Re: txt files

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:24:58 -0400

Hi Cindy:

I have posted several times on the lists the fact that rtf files are easier
to validate because they keep the page breaks and other formatting intact
while txt does not. I understand that some people may prefer to save in txt
because of file size, but rtf files are also fairly small. I know that K1000
actually retains page breaks in txt files, but in most cases Word does not.
So in my opinion, if submitters want to make a validator's job easier,
please do not submit in txt unless it keeps the formatting. I must confess,
txt files are a pet peeve of mine because they're much more time consuming
to check for page integrity.