[bookshare-discuss] Re: thanks to Carrie and Shelly

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:53:31 -0700

Suzanne, I  thought I recognized your name.  I had Rebekah on January 7,
2006.  She weighed 3 lbs 11.5 oz, and she was 16 inches long.  She came over
6 weeks early because I had severe hypertension and other problems.  It was
a situation where I was already in the hospital under observation.  My
doctor came in and told me that I was going to have my baby in six hours
because my platelets had dropped, and he was afraid I would hemorrhage.
Well, they delivered me, and Becky was so small.

I was bored in the hospital, so my husband brought my computer.  I wanted to
read all the books I had downloaded, or I could validate a book.  I didn’t
have Internet access in the hospital, So I would have to have my husband
transfer files for me.  That wasn’t the problem.  My hands were so swollen
that I couldn’t type, and I was so drugged that I couldn’t concentrate, and
I couldn’t sit up because of the dizziness.  I just let everything go.  I
got out of the hospital four days after I had the baby, but Becky came home
when she was five weeks old.  She is on oxygen because we live at a high
altitude, but she should com off of it by this weekend.  I can’t wait
because I am always getting tangled in the hose.  I get no sleep these days,
but it is worth it.  Oh, and I lost all the weight from the pregnancy.  I
hope you are liking Bookshare, and I hope your daughter and you are doing
well.  Best wishes!

Kasondra Payne