[bookshare-discuss] Re: sugesstions needed

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 23:09:42 -0500

I don't see why it is so hard to find your pleasure reading. Even if you had a list of only fluffy pleasure reading without anything technical or serious included I would think you wouldn't like all of it. You have to do some searching. Just browsing a list of books is one of the hardest ways to find what you want and the Bookshare search engine is a very powerful one, especially the advanced search. It searches even the text of the books in addition to things like title, author and category. If you went into a store I would expect that you would have a shopping list. If you were very familiar with the store you would go directly to the things on your list and buy them. If you were not familiar with the store you would have to do some searching, but you would check out the places in the store where you were most likely to find what you needed. If, though, you went down every isle in the store and examined every single offering they had then you still might find what you wanted, but you would spend a lot of time and effort doing it. Simply focusing your search makes the task much easier and Bookshare has really powerful tools to help you focus your search.

On 12/29/2014 9:21 PM, Dianne B. Phelps wrote:
Or, even just separate pleasure reading material which is new from the
technical material which might be the simplest. New Books used to work. It
is just that one can't find pleasure reading among all of the technical
material.

Smiling,

Dianne