[bookshare-discuss] submitted great book

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:35:49 -0400

Hello,
I'm sorry for cross-posting, but I just submitted a book I wanted to mention to
everyone.
Firstly, it's called Retribution, and I believe is the first book written by
Jilliane Hoffman.
I wanted to mention it to the valiters list because if anyone is looking for an
easy job, I've already made sure the necessary information is there with all
the pages, as well as cleaned up all the scanning mistakes I could find.
This book had a lot of acronyms and proper nouns, so Kurzweil only ranked it as
98 percent spelled correctly, but if you consider that, it would probably be in
the upper 99 percentile. On that note, I'm sure the book could be accepted as
is, but I too would wager that a good validater could find a few things to fix.
Now, to the bookshare discuss list.
I wanted to mention it to the list because of how much I enjoyed it. I easily
read a book a day, sometimes two, and this book is by far one of the best books
I've read in a number of months.
The beginning of the book is a bit graphic in regards to a woman being raped,
but besides for that I think a lot of people would enjoy it.
I just wanted to mention it because it's a relatively new book, (May 2004), and
a new author, so many people may not come across it without specifically
searching for it.
Here is what Jilliane Hoffman.com says about the book:
When an elite prosecutor faces the most lethal predator she's ever encountered,
it all comes down to a choice between justice...and retribution
Prosecutor C.J. Townsend is a talented state prosecutor in Miami, well-known
within law enforcement and judicial circles for her ability to handle even the
most horrific cases - without losing her cool.  Her experience in prosecuting
violent sex-crimes has resulted in her to rise to second-in-command at the
Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office where she has a reputation for going
strictly 'by-the-book'.

For the past year, C.J. has been involved in the investigation of a series of
shocking murders that have taken place in Miami. When a speeding motorist is
pulled over and police discover the mutilated body of a young woman in the
trunk of the car, it appears that the case is finally solved.  Despite the

maelstrom of publicity, she begins to build her court case, piece by careful
piece.

But C.J. has personal demons that she's never revealed to the world.  Now, when
she needs to be at the top of her game, a terrible incident from her past is
resurfacing.  As she battles the evil incarnate in court, she is also fighting
the devil inside - struggling to resolve the conflict between the events of her
past and her duty and integrity as a prosecuting attorney.

On top of everything else, the lead detective on the case is one who has hinted
that he has begun to care for her as much as more than just a colleague.

 And everything is riding on her ability to put this killer behind bars. . !