[bookshare-discuss] Re: reading books on the computer

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:04:45 -0600

True enough. A notetaker would work fine.  I don't happen to have one in
working order at present.  But I don't like to be glued to a desktop.  I
actually use my Book Port for most reading on the go. Around the house, I
also have another thing I do -- I have an FM transmitter plugged into my
pc's headphone jack and I tune it into a good clean frequency and in the
house and around the yard I listen to a variety of sound things,  Various
files on the hard drive, onine sttreams of other things audible.   I use a
little portable radio or the home stereo to tune in and listen to the pc's
output.  And that FS Reader I mentioned is the software I use for the pc to
read the Daisy files.

I'm always looking for other ideas though.
Thanks.

Rik