[bookshare-discuss] Re: reading books on the computer

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:45:26 -0400

Hi, Terry. You can download and use the Victor software from the downloads page on Bookshare to read books in Daisy format. I find that it's easier to skip the Daisy thing because Victor crashes every 10 minutes on my machine. I just read books in html. I download the Daisy format books. I use the Bookshare Unpack tool to unpack my books. It asks if I want to make an html file, and I choose yes. Then I just exit the unpack program and read the html file with Internet Explorer. I'm sure someone else can tell you how to use Victor if that's what you want to do.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com