[bookshare-discuss] Re: [other] Re: OT. Oldtime Radio site free for blind individuals

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:14:15 -0700

I second this.  A well-restored show sounds, other than the lack of stereo
sound, like it could've been recorded yesterday.  The voices are that clear.
The sounds are that sharp.

I recently heard a sample of a radio serial where the music was generated
with an organ.  Man, I'd forgotten how much bass those organs pumped out!
But with a first-generation restoration, you can *hear* it!  And it will
actually give your woofer a chance to do something besides sleep while the
OTR plays on your stereo.  It's not mind-blowing, earth-shaking bass, I
grant you, but the fact that there's any bass at all in an old-time radio
program is something I never would've believed before experiencing it for
myself.  Those organs sound much less cheesey when heard in their proper
fidelity. (Not sure fidelity is the right word, but hopefully my contextual
meaning is clear.)