[bookshare-discuss] Re: openbook 7

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:36:36 -0500

It's been a while since I tried this because I've switched to using JAWS and
Elloquence for reading the screen when using OpenBook because I didn't like
OpenBook's limited speech capabilities.  This also has some disadvantages
because Freedom Scientific has not made OpenBook fully compatible with JAWS
or other screen readers, but I personally think you gain more than you lose
by switching.

You should be able to change the punctuation settings using the arrow keys
like the Help info says, though.  Use the Up and Down arrows, but you may
have to press them more than once to get it to change.  It's also possible
that it may be changing but not notifying you of the change properly.  You
can try hitting the arrow key and hitting Enter, then going back into the
Speech settings to see if it made a difference, or tabbing away from the
combobox and tabbing back to get it to announce the current setting.

Gerald

  _____