[bookshare-discuss] Re: new user questions

  • From: "Lansaw,Jane (DARS)" <Jane.Lansaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:43:09 -0500

Hi Bookshare fans,
        I know many of you are volunteers for Bookshare and I have only been
using the service for about six months so I thought you might have some
details.  I often notice duplications in books with no explanations.  The first
time I saw this I thought it was a volume one and volume two thing that wasn't
marked properly so downloaded both copies.  I realized they were the same thing
in the same medium and didn't understand why it appeared twice on the list.
Since then I have noticed more duplications with no volume or sequel numbers
and presume they are duplicates as well.  Anyone know why there are duplicates?
 It seems unnecessary to me and was a little confusing at first.  Now I just
ignore when I see the same title  twice in a list.

Thanks,

Jane Lansaw