[bookshare-discuss] Re: children's books and OT:cloudy with a chance of M...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:44:12 EDT

Well, I think it is likely that there were pictures, but whoever scanned it
left no indication of that, either in the way of description or in the way
of an announcement that there was even a picture present. I was left with
nothing but text. The text was perfect.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: children's books and OT:cloudy with a chance of
Meatb...
Date:
4/19/2009 2:12:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

chuckle. Roger, If the book about Big Bird only took you about 10 minutes
to proof read I'm willing to bet you didn't describe any illustrations if
there
were any Do you live with someone who is sighted? Is the book a Sesame
Street book with a whole story and quite a few Characters
Are you up for a friendly challenge? How about adding descriptions to that
book? How would you describe big bird, for example? O.K., he's yellow, but
how
tall is he? In terms that a child can imagine? As tall as a house? 6f feet
Has a blind child seen how tall a house is? As tall a very large tree?
Actually,
if you say 6 feet and the child has a 6-foot tall relative whose head he
can reach up to  or his/herparent has a yardstick and puts two of them
together
and holds the child up to reach the top that would probably be good--
yardstick Has a child seen one to understand? Is big bird smooth? Does he have
feathers
such as other birds that a child might have felt? You and I know that the
answer to that is no. My challenge, if you care to accept is, reproof the
book
including adding illustration descriptions and let us know how long it took
you big smile.
Cindy