[bookshare-discuss] Re: children's books

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:50:24 -0500

A most delightful book that has a wonderful story, two really neat kids, zero murder or gore or violence and a warm happily ever after all piled into one is The Kitchen Madonna by Rumer Godden. It is one of my favorite books, and I think you might really enjoy the story. Here's a link to it on bookshare: https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/24120

Try the Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace. The first one is just called Betsy-Tacy, and they are very much like the Bobbsey Twins. Here's a link to it:
https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/361234

Also, if you haven't read them, the Anne of Green Gables books are wonderful, for a little older audience than the Bobbsey Twins but great for all ages. The first one is called Anne of Green Gables, and here's a link to it:
https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/470184

Have you read the Nancy Drew books? They are always mysteries, and don't have any awful descriptions of murder. You can try one or two and see if you like them. The collection has hundreds. Here's a link to the author's page: https://www.bookshare.org/browse/author?key=Carolyn%20Keene

On 10/9/2012 4:30 PM, Gwen wrote:
I am curious if you all know of either authors or books similar to the Bobbsey Twins. I am reading them and enjoying them loads. I'd love some similar suggestions please and thanks as to what next to read.

Also mysteries with no murder or at least no descriptions anyhow.
and Warm happily ever after books?
I just got finished with the Moffats book and I loved it wish there were more. have the miss julia books to read and some books something to do with a cottage have forgotten just now.
Thanks for any help.
Gwen
and I have the box car mysteries to read as well.