[bookshare-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss] Re: My mp3 is ready

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 13:26:06 -0400

Hi all,

Ahem, Roger, as my old friend Kirk Reiser used to say, "Why be helpful when you're not?"

The MP3 books as you call them *are* DAISY books, and they *should* play in the root directory of a cartridge or in the VRDTB folder of a card meant for a Stream. The fact that they do not do so, indicates a problem with the DAISY compatibility. They *do* play in the audio+podcasts folder, but you do not get the navigation points at all. What is happening is that the players, both Stream and DTBM, are seeing the mp3 files and *not* the rest of the DAISY content. This is not right. There is a problem here. Somebody needs to fix it.

I am glad the MP3's will play in audio+podcasts, but I want the full advantage of the DAISY content, thanks.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring