[bookshare-discuss] Re: Unabridged Dictionary

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:28:46 -0500

Cthulhu is the creation of a horror writer named H. P. Lovecraft.
I have not checked, but I emagin there are  some of his books on
Bookshare.  Cthulhu? is a particularly hidious and frightening Alien
Monster.  Mr. Lovecraft created a whole mithos and an emaginary book
titled the necro Nomicon.  Gods, Demons, ETC.
Steven King at his weardest doesn't even come close to Lovecraft.  It can
be argued that Lovecraft is to Horrar writing what J. R. R. Tolkine is to
Fantisy writing.
Poe invented Horrar Fiction,  (He also invented the the detective novel),
but lovecraft is the master.  Of course the poor man was insain, but so
was Poe.
There is, if anyone out there is a lovecraft fan a biography written by L.
Sprague DeCamp available from RFB-D.