[bookshare-discuss] Submitted: "Girl in the Shadows" by V. C. Andrews

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:22:34 -0500

Hi All,

I've just submitted for validation, "Girl in the Shadows" by V. C. Andrews.
This is the sequel to "April Shadows" (already in the collection) and the
second and final novel in the Shadows series. I'm fairly new to Bookshare
and scanning in general, so I do hope I did everything correctly per
Bookshare guidelines, but if anyone on this list chooses to validate, and
there are issues, please email me off-list (I also put my email address in
the Comments section). Also, if the person who chooses to validate is on
this list, and if you find that I could've done something
better/differently, I'd be really grateful for the feedback as well. Thanks
so much, and the synopsis, from the back cover is included below:

"SHE WASN'T A LITTLE GIRL ANYMORE-BUT WHO WAS SHE REALLY?

After an odyssey of heartbreak and betrayal in the wake of losing both her
parents, it was mere chance that led April Taylor to the secluded home of a
kindly elderly woman and her deaf teenaged granddaughter. There, April found
a shelter from her mixed-up life, and from the confusion that severed her
relationship with her sister, Brenda, after an encounter with Brenda's
girlfriend, Celia. But when a dangerous couple arrives with greedy
intentions, April's survival depends on being true to the one person she's
never fully accepted: herself."

Regards,
Maria
Maria Kristic