[bookshare-discuss] Re: Status of new book lists

  • From: Joan Leonard <jolee4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:59:12 -0400

Hi:

Thanks for these book lists.

Joan Leonard  At 11:01 AM 3/28/2009, you wrote:
Hi all,

For some reason, I wasn't able to post to this list because I was blocked, so hopefully this goes through. Also, as you hopefully saw, I posted the new books lists for March 16 and 23. I'll try to post them every week as they come out, generally on Monday or Tuesday. If someone wants to post to the volunteer list, feel free. If people object to the weekly postings, let me know off list and I will set up a separate mailing list.

Even though several people asked, I haven't added anyone to any mailing lists on purpose and I didn't keep records of who asked. The reason why was because I didn't want people to think they were put on a list without their permission. Therefore, if there is enough demand, I will still set up a separate list. I will not add anyone. You would have to send a message to a special address. You would get a confirmation that you want to join, you would reply to that and you would be officially on the list. It's much easier for me to just post to the bookshare-discuss list, but I am willing to create a separate list if necessary. The other reason why I waited was to see if Bookshare would make any announcements at CSUN. Since I haven't heard anything about them offering such new book lists, I will continue to do so for now. I still hope Cindy is eventually up to doing it again, but rest assured that I will for the next while at least.

As always, if you have questions or want archived lists, just write to me at bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Have a good weekend. To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank Email to bookshare-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.