[bookshare-discuss] Re: Scanner buying advice please

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:03:30 -0600

a lot of use the Plustek opticbook 3600 and love it.  It is a scanner
manufactured for libraries and archivists so is very durable.  It has an edge
which allows scanning of books right up into the binding and is very fast.  We
got ours from amazon for about $250 including delivery.  I think you will go
through two or three epsons in the time it would take the plustek to fail.