[bookshare-discuss] Re: Policy on new books

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:01:42 -0400

I'm thinking that, since now, when entering an ISBN, categories are filled in automatically, at least from what I've seen, the day may not be too far off that new books are automatically categorized right when they get added to the collection. Apparently, the metadata is there, so it doesn't seem much of a stretch to imagine that new PQ books will be categorized as they come into the collection before too much longer.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2015 7:15 PM
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Policy on new books

Yes, I join you in wishing the new books were categorized. I also wish
the search were more precise. I looked up willow brook road, the newest
from Sheryl Woods which isn't there, by the way, and got 6 hits, none
of which was even close to that title. I really appreciate the
BookShare service. However, it would be way more useful if we could
have categories in the new books, as well as sort order truly being
from newest to oldest, and a more finely tuned search facility that
didn't return so many false hits.

Mary

Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line. To get a list of