[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT book Port VS Victor Reader Stream

  • From: "Nicki Keck" <favorite.blend@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:29:34 -0500

I have used both, and personally, I like the stream better.  I think for
some reason audible sounds cleaner and better on it, don't know why or can't
explain it.  Also, in my opinion, the speech sounds much better.  This
coming from someone who used to use a Doubletalk exclusively, but I've been
spoiled now by better speech, and it's hard to read books with Doubletalk
anymore.  However, the bookport is good for what it does, and mine is not
collecting dust, as I gave it to a friend who couldn't afford either and was
grateful for it.  But to buy new, I would go with the stream, and the point
about the NLS books, I would concur with and has already been mentioned.

Have a blessed day,

Nicki

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in
despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9