[bookshare-discuss] OT: Brian's teaching

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

I see you're at  the U of Iowa. What do you teach?

Recently there was a program on either the History or
the Discovery Channel about a group of late 19th or
early 20th-century explorers who were trying to find a
passage through the Arctic from the Atlantic to the
Pacific and got stuck. It sounds somewhat
similar--maybe that's where the novelist got his idea.
Unfortunately, there were no survivors from that
expedition.

Cindy